Pilates, hospital o simplemente Pilates, drugs is a system of physical and mental training created in the early twentieth century by Joseph Hubertus Pilates German, link who devised based on their knowledge of different specialties such as gymnastics, traumatología y yoga, combining the dynamism and muscle strength with mind control, breathing and relaxation.
The method focuses on the development of core muscles to maintain body balance and provide stability and strength to the spine, so it is widely used in rehabilitation therapy and, prevent and cure back pain.
Working as a nurse, developed a methodology to improve the health through exercise. For the weak and sick beds mounted on a system of pulleys and ropes to exercise the muscles, which was the source of some of the later machines devised by him (reformer, trapeze, chair and barrel). Eventually develop a large number of exercises to be performed on them, and others to be performed simply on the ground, on a mat.
Although Pilates was developed and resulted in a lot of different styles and applications, there are some fundamental principles that should always be present:
Considerations for a pilates class
- Learn breathing in the contraction and relaxation.
- Omoplatos alignment - head - pelvic girdle.
- Strengthen the body axis of the abdomen, back and buttocks, allowing more freedom of movement than other areas of the body.
- Improve awareness and body control because the mind has to contact the body during movements.
Divide the first block classes:
- Block 1 around 40 a 50 repetitions of legs with bar. (lower limbs).
- Block 2 Like block 1 in number of repetitions of upper limb (arms with bands).
- Block 3 equal repetitions of exercises with bands (legs) more elongation,
- Finish with relaxation and stretching out of the couch.
Some of the benefits of Pilates.
The benefits of Pilates are emotional and physical. It teaches balance and control the body and mind, strengthens bone density and improves muscle strength, flexibility and posture.
Professor. Eduardo Menegozzi
Physical Education Department
La Posada del Qenti