Adolescence is a stage of life marked by emotional changes, check social and physiological (sexual maturation, rebellion to family patterns, new social identities…) is the passage from child to adult. The American Academy of Pediatrics defined as: "Social physical process that begins between ten and fifteen years of age with the appearance of secondary sexual characteristics and ends around twenty, when somatic growth ceases and psychosocial maturation "
During this period significant changes occur in the body, it increases its size, changes its morphology and physiology conforms.
The food is particularly important due to the high nutrient requirements needed to meet these changes, ensuring an adequate supply of energy and nutrients. Therefore it is important to avoid potential nutritional deficiencies in quality and quantity, which can cause.
Nutritional requirements depend on the energy expenditure by the adolescent and the right to maintain its growth rate.
Keep in mind that the teenager earns around 20 % the size and the 50 % weight that you will have as an adult. These increases are mainly attributable to increased muscle mass and bone mass.
You must keep the recommendations of a healthy, balanced diet. With respect to carbohydrates and proteins, recommendations in quantity and quality are the same as for the healthy adult, without forgetting that the contribution of fat supposed adequately cover the needs of essential fatty acids (the body can not produce by itself) and fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E y K).
The needs are very different among adolescents according to their personal circumstances, so you can not generalize, but give guidelines that serve as a guide to lead a diet containing sufficient amounts of nutrients and balanced.
From the daily diet, it must distribute a 12 % párrafo proteins (of which will be the 2/3 parts of animal origin and 1/3 vegetable). A 30 a 35 % of fat, not exceeding the 10 % saturated (allowing up to 15 a 18 % mono and polyunsaturated); hydrates carbon complex mainly contributing more than 50 % the total energy and an amount less than 8 – 10 % of refined sugars.
It is further recommended that at least three meals a day, control the amount of salt and alcohol.
General characteristics of the diet:
- Varying the maximum power within each food group (various kinds of vegetables, fruits, vegetables, meat, fish etc.)
- Distributing food in 4 main meal (keeping meal times) and snacks as appropriate.
- Sweet food, snacks, pizzas, Hamburger, Gaseous etc., we must not omit, but if it is advisable to take them in small quantities and sporadically (the high calorie content, fats and sugars simple absorption, and low intake of essential nutrients).
- Encourage intake of snacks prepared at home, fruits, milk products, without abusing sausages, Quesos acids drives the high maturity.
- Assess the calories based on the amount of fat or added sugars (whole milk- descremada, carne magra- fat, the sugary yogurts enteros- descremados), prefer methods that do not require cooking fats Ej: vapor, oven, grill, microwave oven.
- Breakfast and snacks: dairy, cereals, cookies, Toast, breads, fruit or freshly squeezed juices.
- Lunches and dinners, varied with vegetables, rice, pasta, Crude salads to cooked vegetables, with the meat derived, fruit desserts (best), alternate with simple or low-fat dairy products.
In Argentina what is the nutritional risk in adolescents?
No doubt that our country remains outside of the consumer society and to work demands and daily demands of today's world.
This directly affects our habits, even at the expense of knowing that we are damaging our own health and that of our children.
Time available ....... ......... food purchasing power practicality cultural patterns ........ ....... penetration aesthetic stereotypes or consumption by the media ...... definitely many things to consider for the following consecencias.
Epidemiological surveys of our country reveal that between 25 and 30 % of children and adolescents are overweight and 14% obesity. Many other (and increasingly), other eating disorders like bulimia, anorexia and malnutrition
Obesity, has a direct impact on the future development of diabetes, hypertension and cardiovascular disease among other.
Adolescence is a time where you start eating out of the house and generally not suitable deals (high in salt and saturated fats), soft drinks and alcohol as ceciente
Parallel, study groups reveal, the biggest impact on obesity, it has inactivity, Internet users to remote control, addicts remote communications, posted in vehicles, with little to no physical activity
Therefore it is very important to strengthen during childhood, healthy eating habits and patterns of physical activity and recreational sports.
Undoubtedly the responsibility of the family based on establishing a good nutrition education and physical activity consistent, but it also concerns us that integrate health teams, but fundamentally the state, which we require the implementation of measures to facilitate this task as controlling supply of food in schools adjust schedules nutritional (quantity and amount), promote and encourage physical activity.
Pull. Andrea Piñero
Medical, Esp. In Nutrition
Mp 26460/6 ME 12032