From sunburn to melanoma…
Exposure to sunlight especially ultraviolet A and B (uva y uvb), rx cause skin changes with different risks and alterations. May arise from the solar erythema (redness), aging (the brownish spots lentigines) and new Moon abrupt onset. Polka dot size changes, color, form, appearance and itching…and the transformation of moles or spots to skin cancer.
Are you a person at risk to produce a melanoma?. Everyone can develop. Your risk increases if you have one or more of the following conditions:
- Fototipo claro (tipo I), skin, eyes and light hair, reddens easily with sun exposure.
- Repeated and prolonged exposure to the sun.
- Performs tasks or live in geographical areas of intense sun, wind, land, etc..
- Family or personal history of melanoma or other cancers.
- Presence of moles (new), in force, so many size and colors.
Observe and control to prevent
Emergence of a pigmented lesion (in the, maybe he was before and) with changes in their usual appearance and rapidly evolving
The rating EL-B-C-D-E:
- A: Asymmetry (symmetry-asymmetry)
- B: Edges ( regular-irregular)
- C: Color (multiple single-)
- D: Dimension (less than 5mm 5mm or more)
- It: Evolution (change in appearance in a few months)
Everything should take to try to prevent skin cancer and melanoma within these. Sun protection is the most effective method of preventing. Learning to "Enjoy the sun and not suffer"
- Using a protector solar con alto factor UVB protection and grape.
- Wear suitable clothing cotton avoid exposure in hours of maximum risk (of 11 a 15 hs).
- Regularly evaluate your moles and other suspicious lesionss by a dermatologist.
Area of dermatology
La Posada del Qenti