So we encourage you to seek advice and to share the following questions:
Smoking do I have a real problem?
The snuff is a vegetable. The manufacture of products derived from snuff is made from the leaves, drying and heat-fermenting.
The snuff is cultivated worldwide.
The major product of snuff is the cigarette.
In the early twentieth century, cigarette consumption stood at 2.000 million cigarettes / year, today that number exceeds 94.000 million cigarettes / year.
Why smoke ?
We can recognize 3 stages. The beginning to "be like the others", later by habit and finally by necessity (addiction).
Some smokers experience smoking pleasure. Some found in cigarettes and other stimulating effect a relaxing effect. The effect does not last long and need to smoke more and more to experience the same effects.
But we know that quickly reaches the stage of addiction, and there is a "delusion" that we control the cigarette.
Can we smoke without danger?
The combustion of the cigarette smoke releases numerous dangerous products containing. Among the most important of these are products that paralyze the cilia or brush airway, responsible for evacuating impurities that enter the air from the environment. They are deposited on the mucous membranes of the airways and cause laryngitis, pharyngitis, chronic bronchitis.
Nicotine affects the nervous system, increases blood pressure, heart disease and causes obstruction of blood vessels (ischemia).
Carbon dioxide also affects cells, depriving them of oxygen.
The vast majority of smokers increase progressively consumption and smoking becomes an addiction. The snuff, then, becomes a drug.
The risk of smoking
- Shortness of breath (dyspnoea).
- Loss of physical capacity to the effort.
- Morning cough, voice changes, daily expectoration.
- Tachycardia (acceleration of the heartbeat).
- Hypertension, angina pectoris, infarct.
- Stroke, memory disorders, sight, Hearing, and gait disturbances.
- Sexual disturbances
- Changes in the circulation of the lower.
- Smoking is a fire hazard (in bed, office, in the car, in the mountains).
- Traffic accidents and work are more common among smokers.
Then… What we do?
If you have never smoked:
- Do not start.
Si ud. It is smoking:
- Lower the number of cigarettes per day and psychologically prepared to abandon.
- Restart physical activity.
- Change your habits, especially those that are linked to her smoking.
- Get advice about medical support and ask about our smoking cessation program.
Dr. Christian Leiva
Put the Qenti