Smoke and Mirrors. Many times we think we eat healthy, but we do not really. And a healthy diet is one of the pillars to prevent cardiovascular disease.
To promote good habits in this regard, at the Cardiovascular Institute of Buenos Aires (ICBA) They developed a self-assessment test for power that intends to reflect on three axes: when, how and what we eat.
Namely, choosing the right foods is as important as the time and manner in which the ingested. For when, the ideal answer is five times per day: breakfast, collation, lunch, lunch and dinner. Nor should eat anyway: must be seated, relaxed and enjoy food, ingest to consciousness. As to what, There are foods Whose action cardioprotectora (which protect the heart) It is scientifically proven, but each has a divine proportion that makes the difference. “While components provide benefits for cardiovascular health, should be consumed as part of a healthy diet and effective levels”, clarifies the degree Carina Peretti, who developed the test area and is part of ICBA Nutrition.
Here, test to evaluate how we eat and what we need to change. In all cases must mark with an X the items matching the behaviors, and evaluating each reply.
1 – When as?
- I make breakfast.
- I make lunch.
- We perform snack.
- I make dinner.
- SI spend more than five hours between meals and one healthy snack conducted (fruit, fat dairy, etc.).
Four or more X marked: you demonstrate appropriate and beneficial habits to improve their quality of life.
Three less marked X: should modify certain behaviors to channel power to better habits. Try to incorporate the guidelines do not apply daily and begin by enabling easier to include.
2- How as?
- As always sitting.
- As in a quiet and relaxed atmosphere.
- When I set aside as work.
- No I watch television during meals MIS.
- No pecking conducted between meals.
- I take meals to talk about pleasant topics.
Five more X marked the: manifest eating habits that improve their quality of life; try to include behaviors that have not scored.
Cuatro less marked X: should aim to improve their eating habits, behaviors that incorporate features not usually begin and those that are less costly to include.
3- What as?
- As 3 a 4 fat dairy servings per day.
- As different colored vegetables at lunch and dinner.
- As 2 a 3 fruit per day.
- As white / red meat 1 the 2 twice daily.
- As the bread flakes cereal, or dried fruit only breakfast and snack, and I avoid cookies, bills and kneaded pastries (I eat only on special occasions).
- Ingest only one daily serving of grains (flour, rice, pasta, lentils, potato, potato, corn, beans, soy cutlets, etc.).
- I try to avoid fats “bad” (manteca, cream, Fry, margarine) and most meals condiment with crude oil (one tablespoon per meal).
- I avoid sugar and sweets.
- I cook without salt and use it sparingly, avoid foods high in sodium, and stiffs, sausage, Seasonings, etc..
- Bebo de 2 a 3 liters of water per day and avoid soft drinks and juices. Evito o tomo alcohol con
- moderation (most men: two glasses / most women: a glass).
- I incorporate cardio to improve my health food.
Nine or more X marked: you transition the right way to improve their quality of life. Try aquellas guidelines incorporate the behavior you read missing.
Ocho less marked X: Should be attempted changes in eating habits to improve food quality and health. Try to incorporate the habits that do not have and start with the least cost you.