Today we see that they are changing the patterns of morbidity and mortality in developed societies. This change is the replacement of infectious diseases by diseases commonly considered "lifestyle diseases", such as obesity, diabetes, etc..
These diseases, which incidentally they are not at all new, except its danger indices, They are characterized by chronic type and are caused, further, by toxic health behaviors.
Then we let 5 tips that will help us prevent and also to achieve a state of complete physical, mental and social.
- Sustain over time a balanced diet. It would include all foods covered by the food pyramid, but in suitable proportions and in sufficient quantity (no more), just to maintain the nutritional needs of the organism in terms of energy consumption that it performs with daily activity.
- Perform regular exercise. Determine the general recommendations about 30 daily minutes of physical activity, It is sufficient walking briskly during this time. This allows you to burn the excess calories and strengthen muscles and bones, but also it helps control blood pressure, cholesterol and blood glucose levels, and contribute to the elimination of stress and help you sleep better, acquire a state of relaxation and prevent mood swings, improve self-esteem and personal satisfaction status.
- Maintain adequate personal hygiene. So many health problems are avoided, from dental infections or skin problems.
- Achieve mental balance. It refers to the state of emotional and psychological well-being, necessary to maintain and develop the cognitive abilities, social relationships and coping with personal and professional challenges of everyday life.
- Participate in social activities. Social relations are essential for human health and appearance, in consequence, for healthy aging.
Pull. Gabriela A. Tortolo – MP. 24052
Medical Clinic - Specialist in Obesity and SDRE. Metabolic
La Posada del Qenti