WHO designate this day to raise public awareness about the detrimental effects of snuff, and requesting the prohibition of advertising on it. The main objective of this campaign is to protect present and future generations about the devastating health consequences; and also consider the social scourge, environmental and economic legacy consumption and exposure to snuff.
In the last report WHO warns against the shocking figures of smoking: "The global tobacco epidemic kills nearly every year 6 million, of which more than 600.000 nonsmokers die from breathing second-hand smoke are "
From La Posada del Qenti not only support this initiative, but also want to know more about this epidemic.
We have a successful multidisciplinary program to quit this addiction. And that's a key point to keep in mind. This is not a "vice", a "custom" or a "habit"; cause a real cigarette addiction to be controlled at its source
So we encourage you to seek advice and to share the following questions:
Smoking do I have a real problem?
The snuff is a vegetable. The manufacture of products derived from snuff is made from the leaves, drying and heat-fermenting. The snuff is cultivated worldwide. The major product of snuff is the cigarette. In the early twentieth century, cigarette consumption stood at 2.000 million cigarettes / year, today that number exceeds 94.000 million cigarettes / year.
Why smoke ?
We can recognize 3 stages. The beginning to "be like the others", later by habit and finally by necessity (addiction). Some smokers experience smoking pleasure. Some found in cigarettes and other stimulating effect a relaxing effect. The effect does not last long and need to smoke more and more to experience the same effects. But we know that quickly reaches the stage of addiction, and there is a "delusion" that we control the cigarette.
Can we smoke without danger?
The combustion of the cigarette smoke releases numerous dangerous products containing. Among the most important of these are products that paralyze the cilia or brush airway, responsible for evacuating impurities that enter the air from the environment. They are deposited on the mucous membranes of the airways and cause laryngitis, pharyngitis, chronic bronchitis. Nicotine affects the nervous system, increases blood pressure, heart disease and causes obstruction of blood vessels (ischemia). Carbon dioxide also affects cells, depriving them of oxygen. The vast majority of smokers increase progressively consumption and smoking becomes an addiction. The snuff, then, becomes a drug.
A good massage can do more than just relax your muscles; reach 45 minutes to remove the areas of tension, This increases the level of stress hormones anti (cortisol), purchase both blood and salvia, and in the Arginine vasopresina, hormone that can that can lead to rises in cholesterol. Increases were also recorded in the number of lymphocytes, white blood cells that are a key part of the immune system.
Soft relaxing massage or produce higher levels of oxytocin, hormone linked with satisfaction, and increased low adrenocorticotropic hormone, that stimulates the adrenal glands to release cortisol, addition to lowering blood pressure.
For thirty years of my professional experience I could corroborate these reactions of people who assiduously treated with massage .
As part of the promotion of medical tourism that accompanies CAT, through joint work between CIAPSA and Inprotur, President of that Chamber and Board Member of CAT, Miguel Cane, Miami participated in the V International Congress of Medical Tourism, organized by PROMED of Costa Rica, in which - among other important embodiment of the 1st International Congress of Medical Tourism in Buenos Aires confirmed ad-, between 11 and 13 August 2015.
In this context, Cane made the presentation "Model Joint Working between public and private – Preventive Medicine and Wellness ", focused on travel management noted that the segment has been doing in Argentina, weighing the public sector efforts with representatives of the private sector to continue to position Argentina as a destination of excellence for medical tourism.
With President CIAPSA, participated in the meeting Lic Graciela Mundielli, del Inprotur, who submitted the proposals offered by different members of the House: Polyvalent Medical Institutions, Specialized institutions or monovalent, Medical SPA, and Facilitators, including the German Hospital, Sanatorium Allende, Hospital Austral, Clinical Bazterrica, La Posada del Qenti, Robles Clinic, XETICA, Sanatorium Diquecito, Swiss Medical, Hospital Británico, ICBA, Eye Clinic Dr. Nano and Calista.
Also, Cane said that "a prior closed meeting and also kept the Congress, “Anual Meeting of the Latin America Network of Medical Tourism REDLATAS“, with the presence of authorities of all countries of the Latin American region, defined where everyone present program BNR (Regional Public Goods) IDB to present the work in a financial instrument, Program "Regional Information Platform medical social indicators" , where in principle in a large regional map that make the various Latin American countries, they can offer their different proposals for Medical Tourism, indicating applicable , Certifications, explaining the different legal situations medical security of each country , such Manera to offer the insurer Physicians, facilitators, and interested, complete and vast Latin American Regional Bid on Medical Tourism ".
On Saturday 24/5 past the feeding and cooking La Posada del Qenti, dosage was giving the concurrence of Delicatessen and Wine Expo 2014, a workshop on Healthy Kitchen, based “Mediterranean Diet”.
The same was attended by our specialized chef, Norma Ferrino and Graciela Lopez, who carried out the preparation of dishes, while lic. Nutrition, Solitude of Boca, would inform attendees of the caloric values of each food, along with the nutrients contained therein and the positive effects that these had to with our bodies.
The American Academy of Pediatrics and the Canadian Pediatric Society state that babies 0 a 2 years should not have any contact with this technology, of 3 a 5 years being restricted to one hour per day, and 6 a 18 years 2 hours per day. Según cris rowan, pediatric occupational therapist, biologist and writer "children and young people use 4-5 Sometimes these devices more than the recommended amount, with serious consequences and often threaten their health and life.
Studies kaiser foundation and "active healthy kids", Canada, warns that portable devices (cellphones, Tablets, Arcade ) have dramatically increased access, use and abuse of digital technologies, especially for very young children. "As a pediatric therapist, I am asking parents, teachers and governments to ban the use of all handheld devices to children under 12 años” –dice rowan.
• The following are 10 reasons based on scientific studies to ask this prohibition. Visit zonein.ca to see the data sheet for zone'in studies referred.
1. The rapid growth of the brain. Between 0 and 2 years old, brains triple in size in children, and continue in a state of rapid development to 21 age. The early development of the brain is determined by environmental stimuli, or lack thereof. Stimulation of brain development caused by excessive exposure to technologies (cellphones , internet, ipads , TV), has been shown to be associated with executive function, and attention deficit simultaneously, cognitive delays, learning disabilities, increased impulsivity, and reduced ability to self-regulate, for example, rabietas.
2. Failure to thrive. The use of these technologies restricts movement, which can result in developmental delay. One in three children now entering school with developmental delays, negatively affecting literacy and learning performance. The movement of children, in return, improves attention and learning ability. The use of technology in the age of 12 years is detrimental to children's development and learning, according to studies cited by specialists rowan on your website.
3. Obesity Epidemic. Tv and video games are correlated with the increase in obesity. Children who are allowed devices in their bedrooms have 30 % higher incidence of obesity. One in four Canadians and one in three American children are obese. The 30 % of children with obesity develop diabetes, and obese people have a higher risk of stroke and heart attack early, which shortens life expectancy. "Largely due to obesity, twenty-first century children may be the first generation of which many will not survive their parents ", advirtió el profesor andrew prentice.
4. Sleep disorders. The 60 % parent does not monitor the use of technology for children, and 75 % of losniños technology are allowed in their rooms. The 75 % Children 9 and 10 years are sleep deprived to the extent that their ratings are affected negatively, according to studies of college in boston 2012.
5. Mental conditions. Excessive use of digital technology is implicated as a causal factor in the increasing rates of childhood depression, anxiety, Linking disorders, attention deficit, autism, trastorno bipolar, psychosis and problematic child behavior. One in six Canadian children have a diagnosed mental illness and psychotropic medication undergoing risky, according to Dr.. Waddell.
6. Aggression. Violent media content can cause childhood aggression. Young children are increasingly exposed to the increasing incidence of physical and sexual violence in the media today. TV shows depicting sexually explicit, murders, violations, torture and mutilation. In the us. Ranked media violence as a public health risk due to a causal impact on children's aggression, Huesmann as studies in 2007, cita rowan.
7. Digital Dementia. Contents of the media high speed may contribute to attention deficit, and decreased concentration and memory , due to the pruning of neural tracks brain frontal cortex, according to studies by Christakis 2004 and small 2008 . Children who can not keep the attention can not learn.
8. Addictions. Parents increasingly attributed to technology, isolation of their children. Meanwhile in the absence of parental attachment, Children join the devices, which can result in addiction. One in 11 children 8-18 years are addicted to technology.
9. Emission of radiation and cancer. And in 2011, World Health Organization classified cellphones (and other wireless devices) as a risk category 2b (possible carcinogen), due to the emission of radiation (oms 2011). James mcnamee, de “health canada”, October 2011 issued a cautionary warning indicating: “the most sensitive to a variety of agents niñosson than adults because their brains and immune systems are still developing, so you can not say that the risk would be equal to an adult for a child”. In December 2013 el dr. Anthony Miller College School of Public Health recommended toronto, based on recent research, that exposure to radio signals should be reclassified as 2a (probable carcinogen), as in 2b (possible carcinogen). The American Academy of Pediatrics requested a review of emf radiation emissions from digital devices, citing three reasons relating to the impact on children.
10. Untenable. The ways in which children are raised and educated with the technology are no longer sustainable, says rowan. "Children are our future, but there is a future for children who abuse technology ". A team approach is urgently needed in order to reduce the use of the technology for children.
You can find more information, studies and videos: www.zonein.ca